Milestones Trust is leading the way in improving nutrition and food quality in care homes, and to celebrate this, our annual arts exhibition, Expressions, will incorporate a one-day food festival. The Bristol event, on Saturday 20 April, will feature Square Food Foundation Founder BarnyHaughton and celebrity chef ‘BBQ Ben’, Ben Bartlett.
The event will include:
• The art of BBQ with celebrity chef Ben Bartlett, aka BBQ Ben, author of The BBQ Manual, published by Haynes
• Cookery and bread-making with Chef, Teacher and Founder of Square Food Foundation, Barny Haughton
• ‘Little Moo’, serving Vee Double Moo homemade ice cream
• Soil Association’s tips on growing and buying organic food
• Riverford organic farms
• Children’s activities
• Top recipe ideas from our care home chefs
• Tasters and samples
Barny Haughton said: “A table of good food brings joy and purpose; it feeds the soul and the mind.”
The Food Festival will be held at the Paintworks Event Space in Bristol from 10.30am, against the glorious backdrop of the Expressions: Secret Garden arts festival. There will be an enchanted forest, craft marquee, secret garden, talking plants, games in the park, stream, bandstand and graffiti tunnel.
For more information visit www.milestonestrust.org.uk/foodfestival